Good news for PC strategists: The Early-Access version of Dune: Spice Wars has a release date – and that does not let up long! Already on April 26, 2022, you will be able to play the promising strategy game on the desert planet itself. For launch, there will be “only” the normal skirmish game mode, a story campaign and multiplayer mode will be followed later in the early-access phase. However, you will be able to choose from four different fractions right at the beginning. So far, only house Atreides, house Harconnen and the smuggler were known. But now the Fremen were confirmed as a fourth playable group. In a separate blog entry, the developers have already betrayed a few details of the Fremen.
- Battle for Arrakis: So the Fremen play
- 4x meets real-time strategy: That’s how Dune plays: Spice Wars
Battle for Arrakis: So the Fremen play
- Warriors: Base units armed with long blades
* Infiltrators: Invisible specialists who attack opponents surprisingly
* Skirmishers: Fighters stocked with grenades
- Fedaykins: The Elite of the Fremen Army; They become stronger, the more enemies they fight
- Kulon Caravans: The water carriers can attack at a distance, but their main function is to build a camp. In it, Fremen units remain undetected, are healed and recovered.
4x meets real-time strategy: That’s how Dune plays: Spice Wars
Even if many PC strategists are still waiting for a new Dune 2, Dune: Spice Wars go in a different direction. The new game of Northgard makers relies on a mixture of 4x strategy and real time. This means you will sector for sector conquer a card, collect raw materials, research, act, haggling and expand to increase your influence area. But fights are exchanged directly on the map and in real time, which makes the game clearly deviating from classical 4x games like Humankind. In our great preview of Dune: Spice Wars we show you how the whole thing really plays and what characteristics await you. In our extensive preview video you can also view the gameplay in action.
Are you looking forward to the early access launch of Dune: Spice Wars or did not that convince you so far yet? With which faction do you first get started – Atreides, harcons, smugglers or fremen? For even more information about Dune: Spice Wars will also take a look at the official website. On Steam you can put Dune: Spice Wars put on your wish list, but a price is not fixed yet.
To home page to the gallery